I was so happy to be nominated for a Liebster Award by Ciara from City To Sticks (http://citytosticks.com/). It is nice to be appreciated and know that there is someone out there reading my blog, so thank you!
The rules of the Liebster Award are as follows:
- List 11 facts about yourself
- Answer the 11 questions I have answered below
- Choose 11 bloggers with 200 or less followers to nominate
- Go to each bloggers page and let them know about the award
- Thank that person who nominated you and link back to their blog
11 facts about myself…
I was born in South Africa; I have two M.A degrees; I have green eyes; I won a holiday to Orlando this year; I have two tattoos; I hate jam; I can play two recorders at the same time (one up each nostril); I can touch my nose with my tongue; I am 5ft 3; I love make-up; I wanted to be an Archaeologist when I was young.
11 questions answered…
1. Why did you start blogging? I started blogging as a kind of personal journal, to try and make sense of the depression and anxiety I have had for the last few years.
2. If you could eat lunch anywhere in the world, where and what would you eat? Holguin, Cuba. I’d have spit roasted pork with rice and peas.
3. Whom, what, where does your blogging inspiration come from? It comes from my personal experiences of mental illness.
4. How do you handle a stressful day? A cup of tea. A mug of coffee. A glass of wine. Salt and vinegar crisps.
5. What do you hope that your children remember about you? How much I love them and always will.
6. What is your favourite recipe? I make an amazing Spaghetti Carbonara.
7. What is your favourite quote? ‘In the hopes of reaching the moon men fail to see the flowers that blossom at their feet.’ Albert Schweitzer
8. What projects are you working on right now? Moving house and potty training. Both very stressful!
9. What is the best thing about you? I am very empathetic.
10. Will you follow the bloggers that you nominate? I think I already am, via Twitter etc.
11. What makes you giggle? Seeing a car drive past with a dog hanging out of the window. I’m not sure why, but it always cheers me up.
11 Blog Nominations:
- Freya Bentos freyabentos.wordpress.com
- Cas http://mummyneversleeps.com
- Instinctive Mum http://instinctivemum.wordpress.com
- Mummy S http://littleguysmummys.blogspot.co.uk/
- Fiona https://memineandotherbits.wordpress.com/
- Elizabeth http://boysandburnttoast.com/
- 29 Year Old Mama 29yearoldmama.wordpress.com
- Lisa http://motherhoodormadness.blogspot.co.uk/
- Katie http://homemadehappinessblog.blogspot.co.uk/
- Beth http://www.musinghousewife.co.uk/
- Turk Roberts http://www.manvsdepression.com/